Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Blog: Starcraft 2 + Marvel Brothel!

So, I meant to write something about finding the time to work on your amateur games, but I've been side-tracked by Starcraft 2. Now I have my new computer, I've been playing it pretty much non-stop; the only time I haven't been playing it is when I've been at work or eating or something...

Not that this is a problem because this game is really freakin' good. Admittedly, I've spent most of my time so far working out how all the new changes to the Zerg work out (Zerg all the way!) and trying to work out some decent build orders (rushing doesn't seem to be the way forward anymore), but I'm having fun anyway. The campaign isn't half bad either; just a shame you have to play as the Terran throughout most of it.

Pretty ironic that a post about productivity has been killed by procrastination. I guess the lesson here is that, if you want to get something done, don't go and buy Starcraft 2.

LATE EDIT: 

Almost forgot! I wanted to congratulate fellow amateur developer Calunio on getting an absolute fuck-tonne of downloads for his Marvel Brothel game. Yes, that sounds like a joke game, but it really isn't; it's a well thought out management game and you should give it a try. Don't believe me? Check out its feature at Rock, Paper, Shotgun!

EVEN LATER EDIT:
 

I just found out that Marvel Brothel had to be taken down because of a copyright request from Marvel. How much does that suck? It's not like Calunio was making any money off it or anything. Eugh.
 

48 comments:

  1. yeah good pc games are totally time wasters

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yea i know what you mean, that game is so addicting

    ReplyDelete
  3. In all fairness almost every game is not productive...

    ReplyDelete
  4. life's about balance, gaming too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love pc games i grow up whit this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried it, just couldn't get into it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to get a good PC so I can play SC2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always played zerg, hate ppl who think zergs suck because most people who play it are noobs. It's fun owning the pros with zerg.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww i missed out! I wanted to check it out :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. sucks that it got taken down. but I'll have to agree about sc2. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good post! Looking forward to reading you next one

    ReplyDelete
  12. I get a page cannot be found when I click the link to the game.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great info, I'm enjoying your blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's definitely hard to stay focused on a side project when video games are so fun mate!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh god...Starcraft 2. That was probably the greatest roadblock for my reviews because I kept going back and playing it. Luckily I had someone hide it from me. Now I miss it... T_T

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh hell yeah, I waste a lot of time on it

    ReplyDelete
  17. damn i wanted to try the game too...

    ReplyDelete
  18. very interesting...
    keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  19. none of my comps r good enough for games :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. that gives me something to think about

    ReplyDelete
  21. looking forward to your next update

    ReplyDelete