Thursday, January 27, 2011

Devblog: Riot Grrrl Custom Art!


So, if you've been clicking on the tabs at the top of the page then you'll know I've been working on a game called Sore Losers: Riot Grrrl. The game's coming along really well and I'd like to think that it's being anticipated in the wider RM* community but... that's not really what this blog's about.

What this blog is about is some awesome custom art my friend James did for the project. Working from a single 16-bit sprite and this drunken instruction, "Dude, just draw whatever you want!", he managed to turn out this portrait of Sore Losers: Riot Grrrl's main character, Cheska...

... and it is basically amazing!

So, yeah, I'm pretty freakin' happy with it. Maybe I can coerce him into drawing more stuff with the promise of more beer (as I definitely owe him a couple of pints after this)! 

19 comments:

  1. really detailed and intricate. kudos to the illustrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this would be awesome graffiti'd on my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I can draw good as this! My drawings are like elementary students lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I love artists man.
    They see things in a different light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. its an amazing drawing..
    here's some inspiration.
    Miss Dro Cooking With Cannabis http://missdro.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. feed that man more beer. Followin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not bad for drunken drawing! :D

    I just read up on a bunch of your older posts as well! Really interesting stuff! Following and eager for MOAR!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agreeing with Jimmy, load em up!

    ReplyDelete