Thursday, February 17, 2011

Devblog: "Come At Me Bro!"

Haven't posted anything about the game I'm developing, Sore Losers: Riot Grrrl, in a while, so I thought I'd just post something from a quick cutscene that precedes a "brawl" style battle:


What I mean by "brawl" is that, instead of the normal "hero vs. monster" setup, there are instead two different groups of enemies who are fighting each other as well as fighting the hero. This means that the player will be able to make the fight much easier on themself if they work out which of the two sides is stronger and whittle them down first. 

Personally, I think that this is an interesting dynamic, especially because Riot Grrrl is a single-hero game, so I'm looking at retrospectively adding more of these fights to the first two levels of the game*.

*There already is one that some people might've come across in the demo, dependent on their actions/fighting style, but I definitely need to add more!

8 comments:

  1. looks great keep up the good work
    following and $upporting return favor

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty awesome, i am envious of ur talent

    Poetry <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like fun! did you put a lot of thought into the story?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it's coming along well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah sweet, keep it goin! Followed!
    alphabetalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete