Thursday, January 16, 2014

Devblog: Replacing The Placeholders

It's been a long time since I've blogged about this game, mostly because I haven't made that much progress. Real-life and Starcraft II and playing other RPGMaker games and writing reviews have all gotten in the way. Fortunately, I'm ready to knuckle down and get this shit finished!

Now, I'm not exactly a master of pixel art but I've gotten a lot better whilst making this game, just one of the reasons that I think that forcing myself to produce custom graphics for this game has definitely been a worthwhile endeavour. Given that I have improved, I figured it was about time I replaced the placeholder graphics for the opening sequence etc. with something that actually looks the part. 

I'm going to start with the "floating heads" that are present in nearly all of the cutscenes. Although a super simplistic style works well for the charaset sprites, it does not at all look good on these much larger heads...


You can find a much larger version of the image here! Thoughts..?

No comments:

Post a Comment